Jim's Desk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Things to Ponder
Road Trip EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 4:18 pm by Jim

» Halloween Party 1980
Road Trip EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 3:14 pm by Jim

» Hi Jim!
Road Trip EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 pm by Jim

» Random Memories
Road Trip EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 am by Jim

» Dignity
Road Trip EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am by Jim

» Locked Up
Road Trip EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am by Jim

» Christmas Cactus
Road Trip EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:57 am by Jim

» Jan's Health
Road Trip EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 am by Jim

» Spinster Worries
Road Trip EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:07 pm by Jim

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Road Trip

Go down

Road Trip Empty Road Trip

Post by Jim Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Memories of a road trip:
by Marni

Yuma: time to fill the tank and fill my belly. Time to start my search for the saguaro cactus, only found in southern AZ and Sonora, Mexico, and can grow to be 60' tall and 200 yrs old. Each one seems to be gesturing to me...
Surprise: he opens his arms and says, "give me a hug" and it feels like home. She fixes us beers and we stand in the refreshing pool, catching up, making plans for my return trip, and being comfortable and happy in each other's company.
Blanding Utah: the Stone Lizard Lodging. A comfortable bed, fridge for my creamer and wine, hair dryer for my morning shower, a huge flower and herb garden with benches and tables, a wall covered with purple grapes, a sunny place to eat their homemade cinnamon buns and Ham, cheese and egg turnovers before you head out.
The monuments. So many huge rocks. So many shapes. Arches. Cliffs. "A hole in the wall" someone has painted in big letters. Somehow I'm the only car on the road. Bliss!
Denver: a high school friend. A game of pool. Dinners out. Catching up. And always the glory of the Rockies
Glenwood Springs: finally, the mini family I've been craving. Hugs. Laughing. Weird tv shows I can't stop watching. A brunch of homemade donut holes, bagels and lox, mimosas, sitting on a deck under a cloud-enhanced light blue sky. And the twisting drive up to Aspen, the scenery taking my breath away, just me and my baby girl looking forward to a day on the town.
And listening to my sister sing on her CDs, tears streaming with joy as I wind my way back home, thankful for the beauty of my world, free from bombs and destruction. Thankful for the jobs that pay for my trips, and my health that allows me to take them. And most thankful for my family and friends that welcome me with open arms.
Love abounds
Jim
Jim
Admin

https://surprise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum