Jim's Desk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Things to Ponder
Dignity EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 4:18 pm by Jim

» Halloween Party 1980
Dignity EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 3:14 pm by Jim

» Hi Jim!
Dignity EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 pm by Jim

» Random Memories
Dignity EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 am by Jim

» Dignity
Dignity EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am by Jim

» Locked Up
Dignity EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am by Jim

» Christmas Cactus
Dignity EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:57 am by Jim

» Jan's Health
Dignity EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 am by Jim

» Spinster Worries
Dignity EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:07 pm by Jim

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Dignity

Go down

Dignity Empty Dignity

Post by Jim Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am

It's a balmy, cloudy, peaceful Sunday morning and I'm sitting in a comfortable chair, looking out at a backyard exploding in every color of the rainbow. Everywhere I look, there are flowers. I'm waiting for a friend to arrive so we can float in the refreshing pool with frosty mugs of corona with lime and a pinch of salt.
I'm wondering if I should take a pill to quiet my aching inflammation even tho it might be the reason my hair is thinning so much. Soon I'll be putting on my bathing suit and frowning at a 71 yr old sagging body.
Until I reflect back on Friday.....
My friend called a couple of times. She'd been in and out of the hospital a few times in the past few months but seemed not to want to discuss the details, (an infection, she'd said) so I never pushed. I'd just go and help her clean. Now she was home again and wanted me to come and help her clean again because her kids were coming over that night. I was always happy for the work and happy to spend a little time with her and her husband and their new border collie in their lovely home.
I showed up, we hugged, and I said, how are you feeling?
She smiled, held out her arms and said, I look healthy don't I?
You look great!!??
I decided not to have the surgery.
What kind of surgery would it have been ?
Cancer, she said.
Oh, I've been there. Is it at a certain stage, do you know...?
It's stage four pancreatic cancer.
I was cleaning the house for her grown children to arrive and we all know how that was going to play out.....
So here I sit, two days later, thinking about her strength, her courage, her fears, her grace, her journey, suddenly becoming grateful for aching joints, thinning hair and a sagging body.
Jim
Jim
Admin

https://surprise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum