Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:19 am by Jim

» Sandstone Canyon
Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:08 am by Jim

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Pondering

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pondering

Post by Jim on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm just thinking out loud. Putting some thoughts down on paper so I can see what I'm feeling...
Jan just left to go to a conference. Most of her "compadres" are doing meaningful work; philanthropy, teaching mindfulness, therapists, involved in helping abused children and misplaced refugees, building schools for poor children.
I cleaned my friend's "Zen" apartment yesterday and walked her dog. Now I'm off the rest of the week. To do what? Work in our beautiful potted garden? Walk a mile and a half to shoot pool so I can get in some exercise? Spend a little time painting? Watch a movie?
I believe we create our own lives, so I wonder...why do I create and CRAVE all this time to do so little? Am I living a meaningful life?
When I perform my jobs: make a home sparkle, spend quality time with someone who wants or needs company, help a friend organize their chaos - they're very happy and grateful and even though it feels menial to me, I'm sure it's work that someone has to do. And I'm very good at it. Still....
My greatest accomplishment was raising two successful, kind, talented, ambitious, well-liked, smart, respectful, respected, loving, family oriented daughters who give the best hugs on the planet. That was pretty darn meaningful....
So I guess I just need to have these conversations with myself ...
To assure myself that it takes a village....and thank God for my talents and thank God for my family and friends and their talents ....
And get dressed for that long walk....
Jim
Admin

View user profile http://surprise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top