Jim's Desk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Things to Ponder
Apache EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 4:18 pm by Jim

» Halloween Party 1980
Apache EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 3:14 pm by Jim

» Hi Jim!
Apache EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 pm by Jim

» Random Memories
Apache EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 am by Jim

» Dignity
Apache EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am by Jim

» Locked Up
Apache EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am by Jim

» Christmas Cactus
Apache EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:57 am by Jim

» Jan's Health
Apache EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 am by Jim

» Spinster Worries
Apache EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:07 pm by Jim

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Apache

Go down

Apache Empty Apache

Post by Jim Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:28 am

Yesterday I stopped by the Sr. Center to see if anyone was shooting pool.
"Not today, she said. "A few guys usually gather Monday, Wednesday and Friday around noon."
So I went back today and Marsha, a worker there, was playing with this guy. I introduced myself and suggested I play the winner.
That made her happy since she said she needed to get back to work.
So Let me introduce you to Apache:
he's about 5' 4, wore a white tank top that hung off his shoulder, baggy denim shorts and a bandage around his right elbow. He sports a scruffy goatee and mustache which helps cover up the fact he has no teeth. On his left arm he had tattooed his name, APACHE, by looking in the mirror. Each letter took a whole day, he told me.
But what a charmer! What a player! He was
He was on my side from the start, showing me where to hit, how to bank shots, making it easy for me to win...
Then Bill shows up, with slicked back white hair and bushy mustache. He too was a good player so we took turns playing the winner, with Apache helping me when I played with Bill, and Bill happily watching him do so.

Then Max shows up with a red shirt and his wife walker. According to Apache, Max used to beat the pants off major champions and, at over 90 yrs old with Parkinson's to boot, he was a force to be reckoned with.

So we played partners. Me and Apache. Bill and Max. And we had a blast. First they'd win then we would.

Then I had to go and they were bummed and so was I, but I had a movie date with a friend.
Jim
Jim
Admin

https://surprise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down