Jim's Desk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Things to Ponder
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 4:18 pm by Jim

» Halloween Party 1980
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 3:14 pm by Jim

» Hi Jim!
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 pm by Jim

» Random Memories
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 am by Jim

» Dignity
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am by Jim

» Locked Up
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am by Jim

» Christmas Cactus
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:57 am by Jim

» Jan's Health
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 am by Jim

» Spinster Worries
The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:07 pm by Jim

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy

Go down

The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy Empty The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy

Post by Jim Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:03 pm

The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy

I love my 2001 Jeep Wrangler, and want only the best stuff for it. Also, my son insists I get the best stuff because he knows I'm old and won't last as long as the Jeep does....and he wants it !! So I figured with 65,000 plus miles on it, I'd go ahead and install some new spark plugs.
I was going to Wal-Mart to get some Nesquik and coffee creamer, and Slow Churned ice cream, so I checked out spark plugs. I looked up which ones are for the 2001 Wrangler, and found Superior, Premium, Best, Better, and Good categories. Superior Bosch plugs were over $8 each, but.....I want the best I can get! Oh Crap! Out of stock on the Superior's. There were 6 left of the $8 Premium Platinum's though. Sold!
I had no idea what I was about to tackle. My AEM Intake was in the way. The cool air dam for it was in the way. The AC hoses were kind of in the way. Even the oil dip stick was in the way. Then my hood didn't go out of my way enough because of my hydraulic hood lifts. Then it was find a 13mm, 10mm, short extension, long extension with adaptor and flex knuckle, box end, sockets, wire ties to hold stuff out of the way.....oh my God! I just want to change the spark plugs!
Well I finally got that spark plug rail twisted out of the way and could see the shiny end of 6 spark plugs. So with just the right amount of craftiness and above average IQ, I was able to direct my 5/8'" spark plug socket through a maze of hoses and wires and angles that must have had a mathematical equation involving Pi. The last person to put a wrench on those spark plugs was the Hulk. I know this because I needed a cheater bar to break those suckers loose. It had to have been the Hulk that torqued those puppies down that tight.
Now, with the band aids holding back the blood from my skinned knuckles, I swap them out...one by one; Almost dreading the final one, and the thoughts of having to put everything back together. Fortunately I have a telescoping magnet rod. These club like fingers can't hold a nut from falling, worth beans. Did you know that if you drop a nut above an engine, nine times out of ten it won't go all the way to the garage floor? It will ricochet off six or seven surfaces before coming to rest in a crevice never before seen by the human eye.
It wasn't real easy, but I got it done. Six of the 2nd to the best spark plugs money can buy. The package says I should be able to do wheelies in 1st and 2nd gear now. Well, I'm paraphrasing that a little...
The test drive was a success. It started right up, revved nicely, and blasted down the street to the corner like a brand new engine. I have no idea why the check engine light would come on after a performance like that. Guess I better do some Code Busting. On, off, on, off, on with the ignition key. Looks like I’ve got me a P1281 and a P0456. My service manual says that's an Evap leak, and too cold of an engine. I don't see any Evap leaks, and too cold of an engine sounds like a good thing to me! But what do I know. I better check the internet.
That's funny. It seems other people have tried these spark plugs and got the same response on their check engine codes. I know I screwed up for sure. Some guy on the internet called me stupid for not using the spark plugs listed on the tag under the hood. The RS12ECC spark plugs. “Do you think you're smarter than a Jeep Design Engineer?”  I guess it's true. They can't lie on the internet you know. I'm really stupid. Now I have to go get the correct spark plugs and start all over again. Crap!

The 2nd Best Spark Plugs Money Can Buy Under_10
Jim
Jim
Admin

https://surprise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum